Sunday, December 19, 2010


Dec 17th 2010

What a difference a year makes. Last winter, I struggled with filling up the breaks of time once lessons ended. Numerous instances arose where I questioned myself whether I was useful or needed in Lesnoye. This winter, there simply isn’t enough time. On top of my 22 lessons, I am occupied tutoring, writing up a grant, planning seminars, keeping in physical shape, and of course integrating. Tutoring a few extra dedicated students when that early winter sun sets is motivating, writing up an English Resources grant has taught me much professionally, and planning teaching seminars keeps me in tune with the bigger educational picture in Sandiktau County. So, yes I am finally seeing some concrete results at my pioneer site. After coming back from a Peace Corps mid service training conference, the village mayor expressed her appreciation for my service by posting a banner of Peace Corps with me in it at Lesnaya School.

No comments:

Post a Comment